Does this ever happen to you? A whole stack of holds at the library all coming in at the same time? It happens to me all the time. And every single time, I feel so excited. It’s like being handed a huge treasure trove.
Until, of course, I remember the adage, "So many books, so little time." My excitement dims a little then, I admit.
It’s a good thing one of my 2014 resolutions is to make reading a priority.
This is the first stack. I’ll leave the second stack for another post. And actually, I’m thinking I might just make these reading stacks a regular thing here. (I don’t dare say "a new feature" because that will jinx things for sure and this post would likely be the last time anyone reads a post here titled "The Reading Stack".)
1. From Where You Dream, by Robert Olen Butler
2. Parasite, by Mira Grant
3. The Invisible Code, by Christopher Fowler
4. 365 Days, by Julie Doucet
6. Advice to Writers, by Jon Winokur
7. Finding Merlin, by Adam Ardrey
8. An Autobiography, by Agatha Christie
9. Encyclopedia Paranoiaca, by Henry Beard and Christopher Cerf
Do you feel excited when you walk into the library and see a whole bunch of books on hold for you? Have you read any of these books? Are any of them in your to-read list?