The past two days definitely flew by. I didn’t accomplish everything on my Bloggiesta list, but then again, with a couple of deadlines hanging over me (one down, one to go!) I didn’t really expect to.
I found that just making my Bloggiesta to-do list was helpful, and I will likely be making my way through the list for the rest of this week, getting everything ready for when I leave for vacation!
So here’s my list – I’ve crossed off the things I did manage to get done:
- write and schedule as many Incoming! new book arrival posts as possible.
- update my writing blogs links page. It is woefully behind, in comparison to the book blogs one.
- figure out how to copy all of my existing blogging templates from my desktop to my netbook (this one is very very important)
- create master printed list of usernames and passwords for handy reference while I’m away
- begin compiling my Sunday giveaways post before tomorrow night (I’ve been falling into the dreadful habit of doing it all last minute, and it can take me three or four hours!)
- upgrade existing plugins
- upload and activate new plugins
I also did some template tweaking that I hadn’t contemplated: I added gravatars to the comments section. And I now have threaded comments! I’m pretty thrilled about that one.
I also completed the following mini-challenges:
Fizzy Thought’s challenge: Go forth and comment!
And I did one that I hadn’t thought I’d have time for: Ruth from Bookish Ruth – You’re going to analyze what? My score? 97/100. I was pretty happy with that.
As you can see, I’ve been quite the Bloggiesta slacker compared to a lot of you. I kept up with everyone’s tweets through #bloggiesta and many of the participants were up to some awesome stuff. Debbie from Debbie’s World of Books and Diane of The Book Resort both put up brand new templates (and Debbie actually switched over to her own domain!)
Natasha (MawBooks) has The Bloggiesta: Finish Line post up, so you can check out how (and what!) everyone did over the past 48 hours.